Gersh Law Offices, P.S.C. wants to help you leave a legacy you can be proud of. Our legal team will help you to set financial goals when you are young so you can build a nest egg. We will help you to protect your assets as you grow wealth. Finally, we will help you to create a comprehensive estate plan so you can make sure your legacy involves supporting the people you love and the causes you believe in.
Legacy planning is one of the most important things you can do so you can give more meaning to your life and so you can be remembered the way you want to after your death. When you want to make your mark on the world and leave your children better off, we can help. Give us a call for personalized advice on legacy planning and to get information on key issues including:
- When should legacy planning begin?
- What is involved in legacy planning?
- How can a Louisville legacy planning lawyer help me?
When Should Legacy Planning Begin?
Many people confuse legacy planning with estate planning or believe legacy planning is something that you only need to do if you are older or if you are wealthy. None of these things is true. Legacy planning should be a life-long endeavor.
As you work hard to earn money, legacy planning allows you to make sure you can achieve something meaningful with that wealth. Whether your goal is to put your kids through college and leave an inheritance; give money to charity; or do all of this and more, you should begin the planning process when you are young and you should make informed choices at every step of the way.
Gersh Law Offices, P.S.C. helps people young and old with the legacy planning process. We help ensure that you make smart choices for building wealth and take advantage of tax breaks which make it easier for you to grow your savings and support charitable causes. We also provide you with the advice you need to protect your growing nest egg and to make choices for how your money and assets should be used to accomplish your goals both during your life and after your death.
What is Involved in Legacy Planning?
The legacy planning process is different for everyone, because everyone has their own goals, causes they support, financial situations, and family situations. Gersh Law Offices, P.S.C. knows all of the tools that are available under the laws in Kentucky and can help you to create the type of comprehensive plan you need to build and protect your legacy. Your plan may include:
- Creating investment and savings goals.
- Choosing smart investments to grow your net worth and evaluating investments for risk and growth potential.
- Using IRAs and other tax-advantaged accounts to help you invest with pre-tax dollars or otherwise take advantage of tax benefits when investing.
- Using charitable remainder trusts and/or creating charitable foundations to make meaningful gifts to causes you believe in.
- Using trusts to protect assets in case you need nursing home care or face the threat of other losses.
- Developing a succession plan for a family business so your company can be your legacy.
- Developing a comprehensive asset protection plan to reduce the risk of loss during your lifetime and to reduce the risk of loss after property transfers to heirs.
- Creating an incapacity plan so your assets and property will be appropriately managed and protected in case you become ill or injured and cannot oversee asset management.
- Creating a comprehensive estate plan to facilitate the transfer of assets and to avoid or reduce estate taxes.
These are just some of the common components of a legacy plan. Your plan will be designed to meet all of your needs and help you to accomplish the goals that matter to you.
How can a Louisville Legacy Planning Lawyer Help Me?
Gersh Law Offices, P.S.C. understands how important it is for you to leave a legacy. When you trust us to help with your legacy plan, we take our responsibility seriously. Regardless of your age or net worth, we will help you to make sure you can accomplish what you dream of for your children and for charities you wish to support.
We will work hard to assist you in making a plan that you can follow and in taking advantage of legal tools under Kentucky and federal laws which will help you to achieve your goals. To learn more about how we can help, give our Louisville legacy planning lawyers a call today.
Legacy planning allows you to protect all that you have worked for so you can pass it on to whom you want, when you want, the way that you want. Legacy planning is not about planning for death. It’s about planning for life.
Our legacy planning process includes working closely with you to uncover your hopes, dreams, fears, and expectations for yourself and for those who are most important to you. At the end of this process it’s our goal to provide a comprehensive, properly documented strategy that reflects your wishes, created by a professional who has taken the time to get to know you and is committed to continuing to serve you.